Mr. Vijay Arora is a qualified Marine Engineer with a professional experience of more than 3 decades. His sailing experience includes Great Eastern Shipping Company for approximately 5 years. His other experience includes working with a shore-based automobile company.
While at IRS, he has worked in various survey stations in India & abroad and has handled multiple responsibilities at Head Office while heading ship classification & certification, statutory, quality systems and Technical Division.
Some of his key roles/contribution in international forums include:
- Member of the IACS Statutory Panel
- Chairman of the Safety Panel at IACS
- Chairman of IACS General Policy Group (GPG)
- Participation in the International Maritime Organisation’s
- Ship Design and Construction (SDC)
- Ship Systems and Equipment (SSE)
- Maritime Safety Committee (MSC)
- Marine Environment Protection Committee (MEPC)
- IACS Meetings
- He is also a member of the Editorial Advisory Board of Future Fuels
- Presently he is the Managing Director of the Indian Register of